High Carb Fruity Vegan Journey

My YouTube channel: Robyn's YouTube
My Other Blog: Robyn's Recipes
Facebook page: SweetSugarCrumble

Sunday 25 August 2013

Versatile Coconut Oil - Cosmetic Use

Coconut oil has many uses: 

1) It works nicely as an all over body moisturiser, especially for dry legs after sun exposure. I have been applying it every morning and night to my legs to help preserve my tan since being on holiday. It melts nicely in the palms once scooped out and smoothes on effortlessly It smells amazing too!

2) Use it as a makeup remover for my eye makeup, I rub it all over then gently wipe it off with a dry flannel. 

3) Leave-in hair conditioner, scoop out a half pea size amount and melt in palms, smooth sparingly in the ends of your hair or massage into scalp. Great for restoring hairs natural glossy shine after washing. 

4) Nail cuticle treatment, massage into nail beds if hands are dry from over washing. 

5) Lip balm, just smooth a little on and your good to go. 

6) Foot treatment, rub in between your toes to cure athletes foot, repeat every night for 5 days and it should be a lot better. This is due to its antibacterial properties. 

This one is by 'The groovy food company' and is organic extra virgin coconut oil cold pressed. It is found on amazon or in Sainsbury's in the oil (food) section about £7.

Important Hint:  I would not advise eating it though as it is pure fat! Only use externally for true HCRV health :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment